Participation in the EEA provides local self-government with a valid status of a reliable, systematic and attractive partner for potential investors, donors and international technical assistance programs.
Upon joining the Award, the municipality receives:
* Methodological tools for step-by-step implementation of the strategy of sustainable energy development,
* A comprehensive management system focused on achieving results,
* Opportunities for continuous training of the involved staff under the care of qualified external consultants,
* A wide range of available online tools to quick solution of current problems,
* Mechanisms for continuous monitoring of data and performance indicators and relevant documentation and reporting on the situation with energy saving, measures against climate change and adaptation to them,
* Regular and objective information on successful practices and compliance with European standards,
* A system of inter-municipal exchange of experience and comparative analysis of capabilities (benchmarking) in comparison with other municipalities,
* Promotion of success and spreading out a positive image of the municipality and the region,
* A platform for forming partnerships - both within the community and with other cities and/or networks.
More than 25 years of Award experience and the participation in it of more than one and a half thousand European municipalities is a clear evidence of the effectiveness and practical results of the EEA. It is important to note that the European Commission has officially recognized the EEA as an effective tool for implementing the Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans (SECAPs) under the Covenant of Mayors.
Detailed information on EEA can be found on the official website of the system: https://www.european-energy-award.org/welcome-to-the-european-energy-award